Kudos to A. Barry Rand, CEO of AARP and his outstanding staff for building the power of the over 50 year old group. This group has 37 million members and is growing every day.
You might want to take a peak at their website at www.aarp.org. Here are ten benefits I found, and I’m certain that you will find many more that can help you.
The goal of a “Strategic Senior”, my favorite description of the over 50 crowd, is to locate and wisely use the best resources to make the senior adventure comfortable, fun and secure.
Here’s a few benefits I found on this site that might help you.
- Access to all types of insurance including health, auto, homeowners, and supplemental medicare coverage.
- Great discounts on Travel
- Local chapter information and a nationwide volunteer network
- Bonus points and rewards for shopping at Walgreens
- A retirement calculator to help you determine when you can retire.
- Tons of valuable retirement articles on all subjects
- Free online games to keep your mind sharp.
- The AARP MAGAZINE- easy to read online… found a current article titled “11 tips for a longer and healthier life”
- Money Info- Articles to keep money in your wallet longer
- Being social – activities to keep you meeting new people and much much more.
Take a look at the AARP website. You’ll be glad you did.
And if you’re not a member yet, consider joining. It’s well worth the $16 a year.